Error trying to render facetedSearchResults.aspx

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM

"The base type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingLayoutPage' is not allowed for this page. The type is not registered as safe. "

I get the above error when I try to navigate to the aspx page.  Tried both the one click install and the manual version.  The EntLibConfig.exe tool shows errors in the web.config file in both cases as well.  Trying to install the latest version on a test machine that has never had any previous versions. 

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 2:27 AM

You need to double check your web.config file. BTW, is Publishing Infrastructure feature activated on your site?

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I did, and triple checked it.  Then removed everything and tries to install version 2.5 and got the same error.  Really at a loss now, might have to rebuild the whole machine.  This is installed on Search Server Express, not MOSS.

I’ve installed it in the past and got it working but had to remove it for a higher priority project at the time, now I’m revisiting it and would like to get it going again.

Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:49 PM
To: Ron Wynn
Subject: Re: Error trying to render facetedSearchResults.aspx [FacetedSearch:76842]

You need to double check your web.config file. BTW, is Publishing Infrastructure feature activated on your site?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FacetedSearch@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email FacetedSearch@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attached documents may contain confidential information from Hyland Software, Inc. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or of any attached documents, or the taking of any action or omission to take any action in reliance on the contents of this message or of any attached documents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, at (440) 788-5000, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Please send error logs and snapshots to xsearch@microsoft.com along with detailed description of your MOSS deployment.